Are you an IT student looking forward to grabbing the best opportunity in your domain and climbing up the ladder, but did not master any programming language yet? Well, we totally understand! Learning a programming language is a daunting task. But, with the ever expanding startup culture, you surely don’t want to miss out on this looking at the increasing demand for developers.
Coding is undoubtedly a challenging task! And, to overcome the challenges, it is better to start from the scratch and strengthen your basics. Through this article you can explore the easiest programming languages and eventually go for the complicated ones.
But, before rushing to the list, let us know about programming languages in a nutshell.
What is a programming language?
In simple words, a programming language is a type of written language that tells the computer to work accordingly. It has a set of instructions based on which the computer produces various kinds of output. Using a programming language you can express computational tasks in a certain way and understand how mathematics is applied in problem solving.
Reasons why you should learn a programming language?
- Programming is the language of the future
- It helps to expand thinking and lets you think creatively
- Helps you understand how technology works
Types of programming language
A programming language is majorly divided into four types
- Imperative programming language
- Functional programming language
- Logical programming language and
- Object-based programming language
Easiest programming languages to begin with:
For all those who see their career as developers, it is very important to have the knowledge of programming language. And, to begin with, below is the list of easiest programming languages you can learn.
For all those who see their career as developers, it is very important to have the knowledge of coding language. And, to begin with, below is the list you can learn. #programming #coding Click To Tweet
ColdFusion is used for building modern web applications. It is a JVM-based programming language which makes the development of CGI scripts faster and easier. It’s a server side programming language and one can build any application from web to mobile.
Created by J.J. Allaire in 1995, its characteristics and features allow you to perform tasks at a higher level compared to other languages. Adobe ColdFusion 2020 is the latest version with the most advanced features like Cloud support, Serverless, and Containers. ColdFusion is a modernized programming language that has been improving from the last 25 years with more than 20 versions.
In order to master this powerful language, you can take the help of ColdFusion resources and learn from the comfort of your home.
Advantages of learning ColdFusion
- Can be learned within a week, so ideal for quick learning and implementation. Yet very powerful
- Rapid Application development
- High Runtime Performance
- Security and Cross Platform Support
- It offers easy integration
- Allows to manage huge data and information
- In-demand programming language
Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) is the easiest programming language one can understand. Developed by Tim Berners-Lee in 1990, it is used to create pages on the web. Therefore, it is considered as the building block of the web. HTML is a lightweight language that can also be assisted by other technologies.
Advantages of learning HTML
- It is the basic of all programming languages
- It is absolutely free and supported by all browsers
- Easy to edit
- It can integrate with other languages without any hassle
- It has a wide range of uses on the web
- It is extremely versatile
- Almost all browsers have built-in JS engine
Java is a class-based programming language which is also the most popular one out there. Designed by James Gosling, it is a general-purpose programming language which is fully object-based. Java is used to develop android applications, edge devices and the internet of things. The key features of this language are inheritance, abstraction, encapsulation ect. Moreover, with Udemy’s free online Java courses, you can learn from the experts and at the same time save a pretty penny.
Advantages of learning Java
- It is easy to learn, easy to use and available for free
- It allows you to create reusable codes
- It is platform independent
- It is versatile and used everywhere
Java is a class-based programming language which is also the most popular one out there. Designed by James Gosling, it is a general-purpose programming language which is fully object-based. #Java #Programming Click To Tweet
Yet another popular programming language is Python. It is a general purpose programming language used for developing websites, web applications and desktop GUI applications. Created by Guido van Rossum, it is a high-level language(human readable) and one of the most powerful ones. Python has huge applications in technologies such as machine learning, blockchain and internet of things.
Advantages of learning Python
- It is very easy to read and work with
- Most big data platforms and automation rely on Python
- It has the most productive coding environment
C++ is known as Kingpin of all the object-oriented programming languages. Developed by Bjarne Stroustrup in 2017 as an extension of C, it is one of the most renowned general-purpose programming languages. It is used to provide control over hardware and manage the intensive programs of the CPU. Using C++, you can write programs that are efficient in usage of memory.
Advantages of learning C++
- Most operations systems have an in-built C++
- It is used to develop different games
- Many other languages are based on it
- Higher speed and performance than any other language
Ruby is a high-level programming language created and developed by Yukihiro “Matz” Matsumoto in the mid-1990s. It is a general-purpose programming language which is used for creating web applications. Besides this, it has other uses like data analysis, proof of concepts and prototyping. Ruby is also an interpreted and object-oriented language which is dynamically typed.
Advantages of learning Ruby
- It is extremely flexible
- One of the most in-demand programming languages in the market
- With Ruby on Rails, web designing becomes easy
- It is one of the most secured languages
Other easy to learn programming languages
Apart from these 7 programming languages, below is the list of other programming languages which are easy to begin with.
With a future so bright for developers, it is mandatory for IT students to learn programming at an initial stage. Mastering programming languages will help you program a computer in a certain way, automate tasks and of course offer you a well paid job. So, aren’t you excited already? You can go through this article thoroughly and choose the language that best suits your career goals.