Here, you will learn the best possible methods to convert CSV to vCard. We will discuss the two way that is very simple and genuine. Every user easily can implement both manual and professional methods. Moreover, if you want to get the optimum output from these techniques then you need to follow this blog till to end.
Generally, CSV format contains the tables, contacts, etc. where data is stored in the rows and columns. This way of data is easy to understand for the users. Sometimes, users need to convert CSV to VCF online for free. Here the question arises why users need to import a CSV file to a vCard format.
There are maybe many reasons as per users requirement. But most likely is the users want to use or access the contacts in Gmail, Thunderbird, mobile phones, etc. These do not support the CSV files format. Because VCF or vCard format contains the contacts and their additional details like images, address, contact name, email address, number, URLs etc.
Before going on to the methods to convert CSV to vCard, we need to understand the actual benefits of VCF format over CSV file format.
Major Advantages of vCard or VCF format
There are some benefits for the users to migrate CSV to VCF file format.
- VCF file format is the simplest and fastest way to transfer contact information.
- Users can easily access the vCard files on mobiles phones, tablets, laptops, etc.
- vCard format shows the data in the very simplest way that is helpful to read the data.
We have discussed the advantages of the convert CSV to vCard. Now, you will learn the methods manual method and quick approach for converting CSV into vCard file format.
Best Methods to Convert CSV file to vCard
In this section, you will learn the two methods to convert a CSV file to vCard/VCF on Windows. The manual method process is completed in two steps and is a little bit lengthy. On the other hand, the professional method procedure is completed in a single step. To know more follow the following ways.
- Manual Method to Migrate CSV to vCard
Step 1 – Import Contacts from CSV
Step 2 – Export CSV Files to VCF Format
2. Professional Approach to Convert CSV to vCard
Manual Method to Migrate CSV to vCard
This traditional method is completed within two steps. Firstly, you users need to import contacts from CSV files and then you can migrate your CSV files into VCF format.
Step 1: Import Contacts from CSV
There are following steps that you need to follow all steps in the same sequence:
- Start with clicking on the Windows Icon then search for Contacts.
- Then, open the Contacts Window and choose the Import tab.
- Now, select the CSV format as the export type and tap on the Import button.
- Then, browse for the contacts that you want to Export and click on the Next button.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to complete the process.
When you complete the above-mentioned process then you can move on to the next step to convert CSV to vCard.
Step 2: Export CSV Files to VCF Format
To get the result in VCF format, you need to follow the following steps:
- Choose an Export option from the same Contacts Window,
- Now, choose the vCard option then hit on the Export button.
- Click to the particular folder where you had saved the CSV files.
- Then, choose a location or create a new folder to save the converted files
- Finally, click on the Finish button and the process is successfully completed.
Drawbacks of Manual Method to Convert CSV file to vCard
If you tried to implement this method then you can see the limitation of the traditional method. Let us discuss the drawbacks in the following points.
- It can’t allow to users select multiple contacts at a time.
- This method creates a new file for every contact.
- Requirement of technical knowledge to implement.
- It is a time-consuming process for multiple contacts.
- Users cannot migrate CSV to vCard within one step.
These are are some drawbacks of the manual approach that we have discussed in the above section. If you want to overcome all the drawbacks then you can follow the next segment.
Automated Approach to Convert CSV to vCard
If you are tried the manual solution to import CSV to VCF online and it does not work for you. Then, we suggest the Cigati CSV to vCard Converter Tool which is the most secure and reliable tool. This tool works on the advanced technology that helps in providing an error-free solution. Users can easily use the CSV to vCard converter online due to its simple interface. Many other advanced options are available that users can choose from as per their requirements. Moreover, this tool allows to users convert Single and Multiple CSV files to vCard or VCF format at a time.
Here we learned about the different methods to convert CSV to vCard. The manual methods are not secured for the users due to many drawbacks. To overcome all the limitations we recommended the CSV to VCF converter online that has many advanced features. It is the most secure and reliable software to import CSV to vCard file format. Also, this advanced CSV to vCard VCF converter software can convert CSV files to PDF file format.