The increasing need for monetizing telecom carrier services coupled with the rising demand for improving mobile application development experience is resulted to witness increasing adoption of the telecom API market.
The Global Telecom API Market is growing at a CAGR of 18.6% and is expected to reach USD 674.0 Bn by 2027.
The advantages provided by the API such as sharing of data via one API platform without the need for duplicating the codes for each of the other applications, the ability to interact with each other to form consistent and innovative applications, and ability to share resources across companies and organizations internally in the telecom industry is leading to the adoption of messaging APIs such as the Short Message Service (SMS), Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS), and Rich Communication Service (RCS) API in the global telecom API market.
The applications development community across the world is increasingly getting aware of the telecom Application Programming Interface (API). The telecom API market is emerging as a channel of accessing data for a variety of communications-enabled applications in numerous sectors. The telecom network APIs take advantage of existing platforms and network infrastructure to deliver numerous new business opportunities. For instance, executives at global FinTech festival in September 2021, stated that the WhatsApp-API is benefiting to deliver digital, mobile-first solutions across the industries such as healthcare, telecom, finance, and services among others. Specifically in India, WhatsApp in coordination with telecommunication infrastructure is expected to build a successful roadmap ahead for enabling and digitizing businesses in the country on WhatsApp-API.
Global Telecom API Market by Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2021-2027)
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
In terms of geography, the North American region held the largest market share for the global telecom API market in the year 2020. Asia Pacific region is estimated to be the second largest and the fastest-growing geographical segment in the global telecom API market analysis during the forecast period. The growth is majorly attributed to the rapid increase in mobile and internet users in the region. According to GSMA, an industry organization that represents the interests of mobile network operators worldwide, the mobile internet users in the Asia Pacific region were observed to be 1.9 billion in the year 2018 and are estimated to reach 2.7 billion by 2025. Additionally, the overall mobile operators generated revenue is expected to jump from USD 400 billion in 2018 to USD 433 billion by 2025.
Global Telecom API Market Report Overview
The report overview includes studying the market scope, leading players like AT&T Inc., Telefonica S.A., Twilio Inc., Infobip Ltd,Nokia Corporation, Verizon Communications Inc., Vodafone Idea Limited, Google LLC, etc., market segments and sub-segments, market analysis by type, application, geography. The report covers Leading Countries and analyses the potential of the global Telecom API Market, providing statistical information about market dynamics, growth factors, major challenges, and market entry strategy Analysis, opportunities, and forecasts. The biggest highlight of the report is to provide companies in the industry with a strategic analysis of the impact of COVID-19.
The Global Telecom API Market Segmentation
- By Service Types Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2021-2027)
- IVR/Voice Store and Voice Control API
- WebRTC (Real-Time Connection) API
- Subscriber Identity Management and SSO API
- Messaging API (SMS, MMS, USSD, and RCS)
- Location and Map API
- Payment API
- By Deployment Type:
- By End User:
- Partner Developer
- Enterprise Developer
- Long Tail Developer
- Internal Telecom Developer
- Messaging API segment based on service types including SMS, MMS, USSD, and RCS held most market shares in 2020 for global telecom API market
- Based on the deployment type, the hybrid deployment segment held the largest market share accounted to approximately 51% of global telecom API market in 2020
- Based on end user, partner developer accounted for the largest market share of 38.0% in 2020 for global telecom API market
- Based on regions, the North America region is anticipated to hold the dominant market share of 37.0% in the year 2021 in the telecom API market analysis
Company Profiles and Competitive Intelligence
The key players operating in the global telecom API market are:
AT&T Inc., Telefonica S.A., Twilio Inc., Infobip Ltd,Nokia Corporation, Verizon Communications Inc., Vodafone Idea Limited, Google LLC, Nexmo, Inc., Fortumo OU, Cisco Systems Inc., Orange S.A., CLX Communications, Ribbon Communications, Telefonaktiebolaget L M Ericsson , Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, MessageBird BV, Bharati Airtel Limited, Route Mobile Limited, LocationSmart, Alcatel-Lucent S.A., Aspect Software, Inc., BICS,CA Technologies, Mavenir, IBM,Tropo, Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, Softbank, China Telecom, Oracle,Bharti Airtel Limited, ALE International SAS ,Bandwidth, Hewlett Packard, Telstra Corporation Limited
- In October 2021, PacketFabric announced acquisition of RSTOR Inc., a cloud-based provider of storage and data mobility solutions. The acquisition is expected to strengthen agility in connecting, storing, and efficiently moving data across that core.
- In September 2021, Sinch, a global leader in cloud communications for mobile customer engagement announced its plan to acquire MessengerPeople, a leading German software-as-as-service platform for conversational messaging. The acquisition is estimated to complement Sinch’s API-based offering for larger enterprises and channel partners.
AllTheResearch, an Avira Group entity, is a Research and Consulting firm focused on providing actionable and custom insights for effective decision-making of its clients.