PST (Personal Storage Table) file allows the user to access the email data in an email client without an internet connection. The PST file contains many types of data such as emails, messages, calendar events, tasks, and other items. Now, we talk about Office 365. Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based service and all users know about popular services like MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
But, Microsoft 365 provides a huge type of service. Outlook is the web application for emails in Office 365. Many people use Microsoft services but they don’t know about the real benefits. Many users have PST files and want to Import PST to office 365. But, they don’t know how to do it? Firstly, you need to know about what are the specific reasons to migrate PST to office 365.
What are the reasons for Import PST file to Office 365?
Here, we are going to discuss some common reasons for importing the files.
- If PST file size is near 20GB or more than 20GB. In case, you are not able to open the .PST file.
- PST files increase the administrative burden. Discovering PST files in the system is a big task.
- PST files only work with Outlook. The mobile devices that attach to the exchange are also unable to open the file.
- When PST file sharing with many people and two users open the file at the same time. That time there are high chances of corrupting the file.
- Recovery of data from a corrupt PST file is a highly challenging task.
In the above section, we already discuss the reasons. Now, we are going to discuss the major benefits of Import PST to office 365.
Major Benefits for Moving PST File to Office 365
In this section, we are discussing the main benefits for migration.
- Widely Accessible
Microsoft provides cloud-based services. Office 365 allows users to access the data from anywhere on any device at any time.
- Easy Setup and Management
You can easily set it and be easy to manage by the user. You can start installing the tools right after you complete the setup process.
- Excellent Collaboration
When we use Office 365, you can easily edit the files, manage the projects, communicate with your staff from anywhere and all processes are executed.
- Simplified Migration
Migration processes are very easy. No matter which storage tools you’re using for the data storage.
- Data Security
Nothing is more valuable than data and documents to a company. Losing any crucial information can be destructive sometimes. The data safety and backup services offered by Office 365 help you avoid such loss.
The above section is all about the huge benefits of office 365 services. But you also migrate the PST file into PDF file format. PDF file format is also easy to access and you can store data as backup. If you want to backup your PST file then you can read the informative article import Outlook PST File into Gmail. In the next section, We’ll explain the ways of Import PST to Office 365.
Manual ways of Convert PST to office 365
Method: 1 By using the Azure AzCopy or Network Uploaded Method
In this method, we are going to explain to you how to Convert PST to office 365 by using the Network uploaded method. Maybe, this method is a little bit complicated. Just follow step by step for a better understanding.
- Firstly, we launch MS Outlook and click on the file section.
- Choose Import & Export Option and tap on select Export to a file option then click on Next.
- Select Outlook data file (.pst) After that, we select the folders where you want to export and click on Next.
- Now, you choose the path where you want to store the exported PST file and tap on the finish button.
- Here, we generate the SAS URL.
- Firstly, Visit protection.office.com
- Select the Import option in which information governance.
- Now, tap on Import PST Files and click on the New Import job button.
- Here, we upload your data and choose Next.
- Tap on Show the network upload SAS URL.
- Finally, copy the SAS URL and Save It on Notepad.
- Download, Install then run the Azure AzCopy and upload PST to Office 365 from Microsoft website.
- Create a PST Import Mapping file.
- Here, we enter to create the PST file.
- Now, you are required to create a CSV file to map the PST into the mailbox account.
- Open the Import data tab and check on both options. After that, click on Next.
- Under the Mapping File option, select Upload CSV file.
- Finally, click on the Validate icon and select Save.
Method: 2 By using the Drive shipping method
With the help of this method, you are able to migrate the outlook PST file to office 365. Follow the same process step by step:
- Firstly, you need to download a secure storage key and Azure Import/Export tool.
- Then, copy your PST file from a hard drive.
- Now, we create a PST import mapping file.
- After that, we create a PST import file in office 365 to import PST file to office 365.
- Now ship the hard drive with the PST file to Microsoft.
- Here, we need to wait. This process takes a long time.
- Then filter the uploaded data and click on start importing files.
Then, you can check if the file is successfully migrated or not. These methods are having some limitations and we mention all the limitations in the below section.
Limitation of Manual Methods
Here, we are going to tell you some drawbacks of manual methods.
- The Network uploaded method is highly complicated.
- Data security is always our first priority and these methods do not give any type of data security.
- Both methods take a long time.
- Without technical knowledge, you can perform these methods.
If you are using the above manual methods and you are still unable to import PST to office 365. Then, you can choose the third method given below. It overcomes all limitations and gets the best results.
Best way to Import pst to office 365
We’ll suggest you try a professional method. If you want to save time and want to do less effort. Then, you can go for a professional method that is PST to Office 365 Migration Tool. This is a most reliable tool and its user interface is user-friendly.
Any user can utilize this tool to Migrate PST to office 365. It is one of the best software that can import PST to Office 365 without any issues. You can perform the migration process on multiple PST files. Furthermore, you can save time and this is a safe and secure method.
In this article, we have provided all the easy and valuable methods of Import pst to office 365. All the manual methods are good for use but they have some limitations. Just one file can be processed at a time. By using the third method, you can use multiple files at the same time. Therefore, we suggest a professional method to PST to office 365 migration tool. It is simple to use and its interface is user-friendly. By using this tool, you can easily import pst to office 365 of your files.