If you already have a Shopify shop set up, you can easily move domain from Squarespace to Shopify. In this manner, you will be able to sell your wares on many platforms while simultaneously promoting your Shopify shop via your Squarespace website.
- Import goods, and then sell them using Squarespace.
You do not need to utilize a third-party service such as Shopify in order to sell things on your website; instead, you may make use of the integrated Commerce features that we provide.
Visit our instructions on how to import items from Shopify in order to get your Shopify inventory into Squarespace and sell it there.
2. Feature Shopify items on your website and encourage sales.
You may advertise Shopify items on your site by including links that take visitors to your Shopify shop, or by including Shopify purchase buttons using a custom code. Both of these options send users to your Shopify store.
3. Add links
There are a few different built-in methods that customers may be directed to your Shopify shop. For example, you may add:
- Links in the navigation menu that take you straight to the page you want to visit.
- Text links that go to certain pages, sections, blog entries, or the further information tab for your product.
- Button blocks that, when clicked, lead to particular products or your Shopify shop.
- Use URLs that may be clicked through to make your photographs into links. When a customer clicks on one of your images, this is a fantastic method for sending them to your Shopify shop.
4. Add purchase buttons to Shopify.
Some retailers modify their online stores by adding Shopify purchase buttons to their particular items via the use of their own custom-written code. Although we do not have a built-in ability to add purchase buttons, our Squarespace Forum has discussed the possibility of adding such buttons. Visit this topic on the Squarespace Forum to get more information. It is important to keep in mind that our help does not extend to the change of custom code. Because of this, we are unable to assist you in the configuration or troubleshooting of code-based solutions.
5. Domains and Squarespace are two examples.
Both your Shopify shop and Squarespace site may make use of your domain in a number of different ways thanks to our support.
You may point or forward your domain to your Shopify shop if you acquired it from Squarespace. This will allow customers who visit your website to be taken directly to your Shopify store. Visit the Moving domains overview page to get an understanding of the distinction between pointing and forwarding.
If you’d want Squarespace to host your domain, move your Shopify domain to Squarespace. If Squarespace is used to host both your domain and website, you will be able to handle all of your bills from one location.
If you connect a Shopify domain to your Squarespace site, then whenever a visitor enters your domain into their browser, they will be sent to your Squarespace site instead of your Shopify site.
SEO URL redirection: everything you need to know
For example, when migrating from a Squarespace shop, you don’t want to lose any of the site’s features or connections when you do so. You’d want to keep your SEO ranking intact as much as possible.
- Managing redirects is as simple as the following:
- Make a copy of everything just in case.
- Squarespace has a sitemap you may access.
- Download it as a CSV file.
- Google Sheets may be used to store the data (to make it safe).
- Redirect the SEO traffic.
Three options are available to you:
- The new site’s About Page should be linked to the old site’s About Page, and so forth.
- This page should be combined with another one. If you’ve integrated your About Us and Contact Page or removed Hoodies but kept Sweaters, this is the equivalent of forwarding it to the same page. Don’t hesitate to copy and paste it into the most relevant section.
- To the main page, please! If you ignore it, you’ll get a 404 page not found message. We’ve already established that Google despises 404s, and as a result, your SEO rating will suffer.
Our company is always available to provide virtual assistant for Shopify services if you are having difficulty transitioning on your own.