Digitalization has taken the world by storm and has penetrated into almost every aspect of our lives and has brought with it a plethora of benefits. Lives have become much more comfortable and convenient and now the world is literally on the finger tips.
But like every good thing this one has also come with its own share of cons. Over 1 million new strains of malware are created every day. Your website can be blacklisted by Google that blacklists over 9000 websites every day by just one identified infection.
The Small to Medium sized enterprises or SMEs are among the most being attacked. More than 30 thousand SME websites are being targeted every day and the sad news is that over 50 percent of the IT professionals think that they do not face any risk.
So here are a few ways as suggested by the experts of a reputed company of web development in India for protecting business websites from the malware. Read on.
- Keep the Software Updated – You should see to it that the Content Management System (CMS), the anti-malware solution, the operating system software, the web security software and the antimalware solution of your website always remain updated. In fact, even your hosting provider should keep their software updated with the latest definitions and patches. Your hosting provider must keep the content updated. But that control is not in your hands. Thus, go for a hosting provider who has a reputation for effective security.
- Daily Scanning – This is one of the most proficient and effective ways to combat malware. You should conduct this daily malware scanner that facilitates automatic remediation policy.
- Strengthen the Passwords – You should always make your password hard to crack and up to date. Though it is part of basic security, it is the best way to protect website. You should follow this regardless of whether it is your hosting control panel, CMS, the FTP details of your hosting account or your email accounts. This is because the malware attacks are at rampant and by keeping the password on top order you should be able to protect the website of yours. Here are ways to do so.
- Don’t use similar password for different systems
- Must include numbers, upper and lower-case characters and special characters in the password
- Update the login details frequently
- Web Application Firewalls – Your task does not end with just removing the website threats. But you also have to make it a point to prevent them from coming. This is a challenge as there are over one million security threats every day that websites face. The Web Application Firewalls or WAF can keep the attackers from even coming to the site. Usually the WAF evaluates the traffic based on from where it is coming, the type of information it is requesting and how it is behaving. Based on this, only the legitimate traffic will be allowed while blocking the other types of malicious traffic. Used together with the website scanning solution, WAF can provide hands-free, round-the clock security for the business website.
- Ensure the Https Security – Always use the Https for the entire website. This ensures that users do not communicate with the servers that are fraudulent.
The above are some of the ways in which you can protect your website from malware attacks and ensure that your business sustains and succeeds in the industry and creates its own niche that cannot be ignored.
Sawoni Chowdhury is an aficionado of writing. She is an expert writer and blogger and shares her views and opinions on a range of topics such as Lifestyle, Business, Entertainment and lot more. She works for Web Development Campany in india.