Are you searching for an effective way to transfer Google contacts to iCloud? If yes, this article will provide you with two different approaches to accomplish this task. You can either perform this task manually, or you can opt for the Gmail Backup Software to move contacts from Gmail to iCloud.
Google Contacts is a popular way to keep track and store information about the people you are communicating with. The contact manager built-in Gmail organizes the basic information, including names, numbers, email, addresses, and other details. It also stores some physical information of your contacts which includes physical addresses, employer, department, or job title.
It might be a good idea to sync Gmail contacts with iCloud to access your contact information across all your Apple devices. In the next section, we are going to explain the step-by-step procedure to transfer contacts from Google to iCloud manually.
#1 Sync Google Contacts with iCloud Manually Using vCard Format
Google Contacts facilitates some advanced functionalities that help its users to manage their Gmail Contacts effectively. One of the features is that it allows you to export the Gmail contacts as vCard. After exporting the contacts in vCard format, you can easily import them on iCloud. The following steps will help you to transfer Google contacts to iCloud using vCard format.
- Open your web browser and Sign in with your Google account.
- Now, click on the Google Apps menu and select the Contacts option.
- Select the desired contacts from this Contact wizard and choose the Export option.
- Here, you need to select the vCard (for iOS Contacts) option to transfer contacts from Google to iCloud. After that, click on the Export button.
- Once the Google contacts are exported, you can sign in to your iCloud account.
- Click on the Contacts Menu from the home screen.
- Now, tap the Gear icon to open the Actions menu and select the Import vCard option.
- Navigate the exported vCard file and click Open to move Google contacts to iCloud.
Note: It is recommended to perform the above steps on your system. It makes the task easier to operate. However, you can also execute this manual method on an iPhone or Android phone without any problem.
#2 Direct Approach to Transfer Google Contacts to iCloud
This approach consists of a secure and reliable Gmail Backup Software to move contacts from Gmail to iCloud. It is an instant solution that is convenient for both technical and non-technical users. This utility will help you to backup all the Gmail mailbox data, including Email, Calendar, Contacts, Drive, etc.
Additionally, it has the following additional features that make it a prominent utility for backup and exporting crucial Gmail data.
- It allows users to export Gmail emails to PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, CSV, DOC, and many other file formats.
- You can easily backup Gmail emails, calendars, contacts, drives, etc., to the various file formats and email clients.
- It also helps to migrate Gmail emails to iCloud, GoDaddy Email, HostGator, IMAP, AOL, and various other email clients.
- This utility maintains the folder hierarchy to keep the data intact.
- It is embedded with a date range filter option. It will allow you to select the specific emails within a particular date range for the backup process.
However, if you want to opt for this direct approach, it is advisable to try its free version to examine the performance of this utility.
Merge the Gmail Contacts to iCloud to Avoid Duplicate Contacts
After completing the process to transfer Google contacts to iCloud, it is recommended to search for duplicate contacts. If you find any duplicate contacts, then proceed with the following steps to merge them.
- On your iOS device, open the Contacts application.
- Select the Card option from the top menu bar.
- Now, choose the option of Look for Duplicates.
- The pop-up emerged that informs how many duplicates will be merged. Click on the Merge button to combine them.
- Repeat the above steps until no duplicate contacts are found.
If you are using Apple products like iPhone, iPad, or Mac, then you have an email address that is hosted on the iCloud platform. In this case, you want to ensure that you are keeping your contacts up to date. We hope this blog post helped you understand how to transfer Google contacts to iCloud. With this knowledge, you can effectively manage and organize your contacts in the right way.