MS Outlook and IBM/Lotus Notes are the two popular email clients for organizational purposes. We all know that Outlook is more popular because of its priceless features and compatible user interface. However, these two email applications have different database file formats that are incompatible with other email clients. Therefore, users need to convert NSF to PST format to access the Lotus Notes NSF files in Outlook.
This write-up is dedicated to provide efficient solutions to convert NSF to PST Without Lotus Notes. You will find the detailed manual and professional approach for performing this conversion task. However, before exploring both the methods, let’s go through some of the main reasons to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook
Why Do We Need to Export IBM Notes Mail to Outlook?
MS Outlook has some benefits that make it popular over IBM Lotus Notes. Here, you will find some of them which generate the need to convert NSF to PST format.
- MS Outlook is cost-effective as compared with IBM Notes email client.
- The interface of Outlook is more convenient for technical and non-technical users.
- Microsoft facilitates users to manage one or more email accounts with Outlook. However, you can only manage a single account at a time with IBM Lotus Notes.
- Outlook has a higher number of active users as compared to Lotus Notes. Also, the maintenance cost of IBM Notes is higher than MS Outlook.
- You need some technical knowledge to synchronize your data in Lotus Notes. But, there is no technical expertise required for synchronizing your data in Outlook.
After understanding the key benefits of MS Outlook, let’s move ahead to the different methods to convert NSF to PST Without Lotus Notes.
Method-1: Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook Using Microsoft Transporter Suite
Sometimes, there are several instances where users want to save Lotus Notes emails to hard drive. for backup purposes. Using this free built-in utility, you can migrate the Lotus Notes to Exchange Server. After that, export the Exchange Server file into PST format. Go through the following procedure to understand the detailed working of this suite.
- Firstly, search the transporter32.msi or transporter.msi for installation on 32 bit or 64 bit systems, respectively.
- Download the setup and click Next to install the utility, then accept the terms in the Licence Agreement.
- In this wizard, select Transporter for Internet Mail component, then define the Location and click on the Next button.
- Now, the Microsoft Transporter Suite for Internet Mailbox panel has opened. After this, you need to create a CSV file in excel.
- Specify the following fields in an excel file:
- SourceIdentity: Email ID of User
- SourceServer: Name or IP address of the POP Server
- SourceLoginID: Account user name used to connect to the server
- SourcePassword: User’s password
- TargetIdentity: Email ID
- Then, click on the Add Mailboxes button and import the CSV file you have just created.
- Select the All Mailbox option from the left panel and click on the Migrate Selected Mailbox from the right menu.
- Now, specify the Client Access Server and select the type of mailboxes to copy as POP. Click on the Next button to proceed further.
- Tick on the All email option in the Select Date Range wizard.
- After reviewing the summary of your selected mailboxes, tap on the Migrate option.
- In the end, click on the Finish button to end the process.
The main advantage of using Microsoft Transporter Suite is that it is a free utility to convert NSF to PST Without Lotus notes. However, it also comprises some limitations that induce the need to opt for a professional NSF to PST Converter software.
Limitations of the Microsoft Transporter Suite to Convert Lotus Notes To Outlook
Following are the drawbacks of this utility that arise the demand for a reliable NSF to PST Converter tool.
- Users have encountered the “Maximum request length exceeded” error while performing the bulk conversion.
- You can not convert the encrypted NSF file data to the PST format.
- You must have to install the Lotus Notes application on your system.
- This utility is not reliable for the Attachments migration.
- It has a limitation of 1500 emails per folder.
- There is a high risk of data loss during the entire process.
To overcome these limitations, you need to select the software approach to convert Lotus Notes archive to Outlook PST.
Method-2: Expert Solution to Convert NSF to PST Without Lotus Notes
The experts have always recommended choosing an extensive utility to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook. In this regard, Cigati Solutions has introduced the prominent NSF to PST Converter for performing this conversion task. It has an intuitive and self-explanatory user interface that is compatible even with non-technical users.
Additionally, this utility has some advanced features that help in enhancing the conversion task. Using its Mail Filter option, you can specify the particular NSF file data for the conversion process. However, you should analyze the performance of such utilities before making the final decision.
The popularity and the advanced functionalities of Microsoft Outlook make it a prime choice for business purposes. Moreover, IBM users are also fascinated by the incredible performance of MS Outlook. Hence, they want to export IBM Notes Mail to Outlook. This write-up explains the two different approaches to convert NSF to PST Without Lotus Notes. However, the NSF to PST Converter is a safe and reliable solution for bulk conversion.