Firefox 59 release by Mozilla is now available
Mozilla has released a new version of Firefox. The version of Firefox released is number 59 —the version prevents some websites from asking to send notifications to your device. This means that the new update is expected to stop sites from accessing your device’s camera, microphone, and location unexpectedly.
The new features added to the latest updated Firefox version will prevent user’s notification centre from getting cluttered with piles of news from various sites. When turned on by “default”, all request from different websites will be blocked but can only accept from a trusted websites as requested by the users.
How it works
In order to manage notification permissions on Firefox 59, users should “go to options” on their Windows or “preferences” on Mac. Then click on “Privacy & Security” , an option to mark permission will be displayed on the screen of the users laptop, “Mark permissions” on the privacy and security, then manage permissions on camera, microphone, location and notifications.
Other items mentioned in the Firefox 59 release notes include:
- Faster page loads for content on the Firefox Home page.
- Annotations on screenshots in the browser.
- Different ways to customize your tabs and windows.
- Improved graphics rendering using Off-Main-Thread Painting (OMTP) for Mac users (OMTP for Windows was released in Firefox 58).
- Faster page load times by loading either from the networked cache or the cache on the user’s hard drive (Race Cache with Network).
Firefox 59 is available now for all devices: desktop, Android, Mac, Tablet etc.