Yahoo is one of the most widely used web-based email services. It includes a lot of features and functionalities that people like to backup Yahoo mailbox. Despite the fact that Yahoo has been hacked multiple times in the last decade, the majority of people still utilize it. It is due to a genuine fondness for the Yahoo online service. In some cases, a user may need to save their Yahoo email messages on a hard drive or flash device and exporting emails from yahoo. Different users may have different motivations for backing up their data.
Furthermore, because Yahoo does not provide top-notch protection for its users, it is preferable to keep a copy on a local workstation. So here we will discuss the best ways to backup yahoo mail. This includes Manual and Professional approach. We have three manual methods for effective conversion. Additionally in professional technique, we will use a recommended tool by experts that is Yahoo Backup Tool.
Reasons To Backup Yahoo Mail
Yahoo Mail, like any other email provider, saves your important emails, and you should back them up on a regular basis. The following are some of the reasons are:
- To keep your data safe from cyber threats.
- To guard against phishing and other types of cyber-attacks.
- To avoid complications caused by unintentional deletion.
- If your account has been blocked for any reason, you will need to rebuild it.
Previously, we discussed various reasons for backup yahoo mail. Now we’ll discuss above how to export emails from Yahoo manually.
Manual Method of Backup Yahoo Mail to Hard Drive
After the given reason, now we will discuss the manual methods of backup Yahoo mail to hard drive, which are listed below:-
- Exporting Yahoo Mail Using Microsoft Outlook
- Ways How to Add Yahoo Mail to Outlook
- Save Yahoo Emails to Computer Using Professional Method
Method 1: Exporting Yahoo Mail Using Microsoft Outlook
Step 1: Ready your Yahoo account, Generate Third-Party App Password:
- First, Press on the account picture and click on the Account info.
- Select the Account Security icon from the left sidebar and click on the Manage app passwords.
- Next, a popup window opens, now select Outlook desktop and hit on Generate button.
- After a password is generated, the password is used when adding a Yahoo mail account to the Outlook desktop. Copy the password and finish with the Done button.
Step 2: Configure Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2019, 2016, Office 365:
- Firstly, Open Outlook and Go to the File, click on the Add Account button.
- Then, enter your Yahoo email account and proceed with Connect button.
- Next, enter the previously generated app password in the Password section, again press Connect, and click on the Done button.
- Now, Open the Outlook desktop client, then you may see Yahoo Mail in Outlook configured successfully.
Step 3: Export all Yahoo mail Data to your PC:
- Go to File, Press the Open & Export icon, then click on Import & Export.
- Select Export to a file and hit the Next button.
- Now, select the Outlook Data File option and press Next.
- After that, choose the folders to export from and click Next.
- Browse the location where you want to save the exported file, copy the file path for later use, and enter the Finish button.
- At last, paste the earlier copied file path in the file explorer. Now, check the newly exported Yahoo mail data file in PST format.
Earlier, We discussed the method of exporting Yahoo mail using Microsoft Outlook. If this method does not work for some users, they should use a different way to add Yahoo mail to Outlook
Method 2: Ways How to Add Yahoo Mail to Outlook
- First, Open Outlook. Add an account by going to File >> Info >> Add Account.
- Select Manual Configure Setting from the drop-down menu.
- Examine the POP or IMAP options.
- Then, Fill in your name and ID, as well as the Yahoo mail account type.
- Next, provide the necessary server information.
- Go to the More Settings section.
- Check for the authentication options on the outgoing server tab.
- After that, Go to the Advanced tab and set up your port numbers.
- Click the OK button, then Next, and finally on the Finish button.
- At last, Restart the Microsoft Outlook software.
As above methods of adding Yahoo mail to Outlook are discussed. If the user finds any difficulty to perform the manual methods, we have a professional method to save Yahoo emails to a computer.
Limitations of Yahoo Email Backup Using Manual Techniques
The following Limitations are given below of Yahoo Email Backup:
- To complete the method, users must first install a desktop-based email client.
- The method is simple, but if any step is skipped or performed incorrectly, the entire process will not give you the correct output.
- It will take a long time to save an email in PDF format from a Yahoo account.
- The configuration process does not guarantee complete email download because email client sync can fail at any time.
Recently, We discussed the limitations of Yahoo email backup by using manual methods in the simple steps. Now, we tell you above how to save Yahoo emails to the computer by using third-party software.
Method 3: Save Yahoo Emails to Computer Using Professional Method
Here are various methods to save Yahoo emails to computer. It works competently and helps to take backup of their data at the local end meant to be a very helpful method. And, if you are searching for a tool that works effectively to save Yahoo emails to computer, then third-party software is perfect. It is the best one-stop solution for accurately archive yahoo email to hard drive.
In the final, as we tell you that there are multiple techniques of backup the Yahoo mailbox. To simplify the problem, we have introduced both manual and professional methods. As we discussed, the first manual methods with their limitations. After that, we introduced an automated technique recommended by IT professionals. I hope your issue regarding how to save emails from Yahoo to computer is fixed now.
Surbhi Sharma is a Technical Content Writer at Aryson Technologies. He writes about Data Recovery, Email Backup, Email Migration, and DIY Technology for Linux/Windows/Mac systems. He has over 3 years of writing experience in fields of AI, Big Data, Cloud, Database, IoT, and Robotics.