In this write-up, we will talk about the reasons why a user wants to back up Yahoo mail to Gmail. Also, we will explain the best possible ways to migrate Yahoo email to Gmail account. It will provide you with a manual and a professional Yahoo Backup Tool that help you to perform this task by ensuring high data integrity.
Yahoo mail is one of the most popular web-based email service providers that offer multiple inbuilt features to its users. However, the upgraded version of Yahoo is not as compatible as it is expected. Many users were facing issues like slow loading speed, improper advertising, less security, and many more. Therefore, most Yahoo users want to switch to other email clients such as Gmail.
Gmail is the most prominent email service provider that offers many facilities to its users such as Google Meet, Google Chat, Google Maps, etc. Also, It doesn’t show any inappropriate advertisement that enables a smooth work experience for its users. However, there are many aspects due to which a user wants to migrate Yahoo mail to Gmail. In the next part, we will discuss the reasons that enhance the users to export their Yahoo mails to Gmail.
Reasons to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Gmail
Following are some of the most common reasons that generate the need to import Yahoo mail to Gmail.
- Gmail provides free services to its users like Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, Google Contacts, Calendars, etc.
- It has multiple advanced features for its users. On the other hand, Yahoo provides only limited features to its users.
- Also, Gmail doesn’t show any ads to its users. Whereas, Yahoo displays inappropriate ads to its users.
- Gmail provides more protection from the virus compared to Yahoo.
However, In some instances, users also want to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365 which can be also done with the help of a secure and reliable Yahoo Backup Tool discussed in the latter section. Now, In the next part, we are going to discuss the manual process to import Yahoo mail to Gmail.
How to Transfer Yahoo Mail to Gmail Manually
- Firstly, Sign in to your Gmail Account using your Username and Password.
- After that, tap on the Gear Icon showing on the top of the right corner.
- Then, click on the See all settings from the drop-down option.
- After that, navigate to the Accounts and Import section.
- Afterward, select the Import mail and contacts option.
- Then, a pop-up window will appear on your screen in which you have to mention your Yahoo mail ID from which you want to import your emails.
- After that, click on the Agree button.
- Then, you have to select all three import mail options for the Yahoo mail id.
- In the end, click on the start import button to start the process.
These above-mentioned steps will help you to import Yahoo mail to Gmail manually. However, there are some limitations associated with this manual approach.
Now, let’s understand the drawbacks before exploring the most secure and advanced professional approach to backup Yahoo mail to Gmail.
Drawbacks of Using Manual Method
The manual process of transferring Yahoo mail to Gmail is not easy to perform for every user. It may consume a lot of time if users want to back up their entire Yahoo mail data. Also, the manual process has a high risk of losing the data as it requires technical skills.
It doesn’t work in case of bulk conversion of your emails. This manual process is only applicable for importing the Yahoo mailbox data to your Gmail account. Also, it doesn’t provide any mail filter option to transfer the selected Yahoo emails. Therefore, many experts suggested opting for an advanced software approach.
Advanced Approach to Backup Yahoo Mail to Gmail
As we have already discussed in the above section, the manual method involves a high risk of losing the data. Therefore, many experts have advised opting for the advanced approach that consists of an exclusive Yahoo Backup Tool. This software comes up with multiple advanced features that provide a smooth work experience for its users.
Also, the interface of this utility is user-friendly, which helps users to perform the task more effectively. Moreover, users can also migrate their emails to Gmail, IMAP, Office 365, Thunderbird, AOL, and many other popular email clients. Additionally, it also provides a free trial version that helps users to analyze its performance.
In this article, we have discussed the manual process and an advanced approach to backup Yahoo mail to Gmail. Additionally, we also understand that manual methods are too lengthy to perform and have a high chance of losing the data. Therefore, it is feasible to opt for the automated solution that offers more security and reliability to your data and backup your bulk emails effortlessly without any trouble.