In the following article, we have described the methods to save emails from Lotus Notes to PDF format. If you have a query on the same then, stay here and read the whole article to know the detailed information.
Lotus Notes: IBM Notes, also known as Lotus Notes, is an enterprise email client. It is a server that connects, manages, or shares data from one place to another in a few seconds. It saves everything in your mailbox details, like email, contacts, tasks, and more in NSF files. Because of the establishment of the NSF file format by Lotus Notes, you can only open it with the Lotus Notes application.
PDF File Format: In today’s time, the PDF file format (Portable Standard Document) is one of the most widespread formats utilized by users. You can use this format for various purposes like making a presentation, collecting and saving documents, sharing data, etc.
In order to see, print, or receive certain emails and mailbox contents of NSF files users always want to save emails from Lotus Notes to PDF format. Here, they can easily access their NSF data in a different PDF reader like adobe. Apart from this, there are other reasons due to which users are willing to convert their NSF files to PDF. We will know about these in the following section.
Why do Users Desire to Save Lotus Notes Email as PDF Format?
- The first reason is that the PDF file format does not require any particular device to open documents. Users can open PDF documents on any device.
- PDF files take up limited space, so they can be an excellent choice for sharing documents. Due to its high-security measures, it is easy to prevent from being copied.
- As we know, NSF files can not be printed. Hence, conversion of NSF to PDF file format provides a suitable printing solution for users.
- When it comes to data analysis and the presentation of legal testimony, the PDF format is the first preference for numerous users.
- The security that Adobe PDF offers is accurate and adequate that you can’t get anywhere else. Not only can you protect your PDF document with a password, but you can also set some kinds of instructions on its content.
Two Best Methods to Export Lotus Notes Emails to PDF
Method 1. Manual method to Save Emails from Lotus Notes to PDF
- First, start the Lotus Notes application.
- Choose and drag the emails on the desktop that you want to save in PDF format.
- Here, dragged emails are saved successfully as an EML file format.
- In MS Outlook, open the saved emails and select File, and then Save as an option.
- Now, select HTML as the file format to save. When an email is saved, in HTML format, open it with MS Word.
- Now, go to the File option then, click on the Save As option.
- Choose the saving location and select PDF in the file type menu for saving format.
Some Restrictions of the Manual Method
The above-discussed method can be performed with the help of Lotus Notes and Outlook. This method can convert only one folder at a time. So, if you have only a few files to convert, this method is most suited for the users. But If you have more files, then it can take a longer time to proceed.
Method 2. Skilled Approach to Convert Lotus Notes Emails to PDF Format
As you have seen, the given method is free of cost but, there is no doubt that it takes a lot of time. So if you want to come out of this complex method, you can use an expert solution to save emails from Lotus Notes to PDF. So, to get an uninterrupted solution use Cigati NSF Converter Tool as an intelligent alternative. This tool can convert NSF files of Lotus Notes to PST format and also PDF, MBOX, EML, etc. Using this tool you can get your result in a few minutes without any interruption and data loss.
To conclude the discussion, I want to say that choosing an appropriate solution to save emails from Lotus Notes to PDF directly and securely is more prominent. We have explained the most trustworthy and affordable solutions that allow users to save IBM Notes emails as PDF quickly and without data loss.
Annu Seepal is a technical content writer who writes technical content articles that want to see their Google search rankings surge. Her articles have appeared on a number of article sites. She contributes practical solutions about MS Outlook, Data Recovery, Email Management, and more.