Email Migration from Microsoft 365 to Google Workspace induces the demand to move files from OneDrive to Google Drive. Here, in this tutorial, you will find the best three methods to migrate OneDrive to Google Drive, including a reliable OneDrive Migration Tool that maintains the consistency of data.
Here, in this tutorial, you will find the best three methods to migrate OneDrive to Google Drive, including a reliable OneDrive Migration Tool that maintains the consistency of data. #OneDrive #GoogleDrive Click To Tweet
Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace make their identity as prominent email service providers for corporations. Both the services have plenty of storage features that allow you to store the data in the cloud. In this respect, Microsoft has OneDrive, and Google Workspace provides Google Drive, which acts as a document repository.
OneDrive and Google Drive both are widely used cloud storage. However, some reasons induce the demand to migrate files from OneDrive to Google Drive. Nowadays, users are more focused on the storage facility along with strong security protocols. Google Drive serves these functionalities that make it the first choice while opting for a reliable cloud storage service. Additionally, many users have faced the OneDrive Error Code 0x8004de40 which also generates the need to transfer files from OneDrive to Google Drive.
Apart from this, there are some more benefits of Google Drive over OneDrive. Before discussing the effective methods, let’s go through the benefits of Google Drive.
Why do Users want to Copy OneDrive files to Google Drive?
Google Drive has the upper hand over OneDrive, which makes it the first choice of many users. Due to the following additional facilities, many OneDrive users want to transfer from OneDrive to Google Drive.
- OneDrive decreased the free storage facility from 15 GB to 5GB on 31st January 2016. It turns out to be the main reason to move files from OneDrive to Google Drive. As Google Drive still offers the 15 GB storage facility to the users in its free plan.
- The number of active users has an impact on the popularity of a service. In this regard, Google Drive has approximately 800 Million active users, and the active users of OneDrive, which is still around 250 Million.
- Another concerned parameter of the organizations is the security of data. In this context, Google Drive has a strong firewall that uses TLS and 256-bit AES encryption algorithms. It also facilitates users to enable 2-factor authentication to enhance data security. Whereas, OneDrive is still struggling to make its encryption stronger.
- Apart from this, OneDrive only allows the maximum file size limit of 250 GB for sync or upload. Meanwhile, Google Drive allows users to move the file data of sizes up to 5TB.
These are the key differences that generate the need to Move OneDrive to Google Drive. Now, let’s find out the most reliable solutions to accomplish the migration of OneDrive to Google Drive.
3 Best Solutions to Transfer from OneDrive to Google Drive
In this section, you are going to understand the 3 most reliable solutions to perform this migration process. Depending upon your convenience, you can select any of the following methods to move files from OneDrive to Google Drive.
- Download files from OneDrive and Upload them to Google Drive.
- Transfer OneDrive Files to Google Drive Locally.
- Using an Advanced Approach – OneDrive Migration Tool.
Solution 1: Download files from OneDrive and Upload them to Google Drive
It is a manual approach that requires a little technical knowledge. However, you just have to follow the given steps to transfer files from OneDrive to Google Drive for free.
- Go to the OneDrive website on your browser and Sign in to your account.
- Select the data by simply clicking on the file(s) or folder(s). After that, click on the Download menu from the top toolbar. Note: Before downloading, confirm that no folders are nested within the selected folder.
- Now, Log in to Google Drive to upload the downloaded data from OneDrive.
- Then, click on the My Drive dropdown and select the Upload Folder option.
- You can upload single or multiple folders at a time. However, your internet connection and the size of the folder will dictate the process timing.
Solution 2: Transfer OneDrive Files to Google Drive Locally
In this method, you need to download the OneDrive and Google Drive applications to your system. After that, you can move files from OneDrive to Google Drive physically. Execute the following steps to perform this solution.
- Download the OneDrive application and install it locally. Similarly, you need to install Google Drive on your system.
- Then, connect your accounts on OneDrive and Google drive.
- After that, sync the OneDrive files/folders with your system.
- Now, select the data on OneDrive that you want to move.
- In the end, drag and drop these files/folders to Google Drive.
Pro Tip: It is highly recommended to drag a subset of data instead of all the folders at once.
Solution 3: Using an Advanced Approach – OneDrive Migration Tool
The above two solutions are the manual methods to sync OneDrive files to google drive files. Meanwhile, this advanced approach consists of a fast and reliable OneDrive Migration Tool that ensures high data security. Many experts have advised going with this approach to move files from OneDrive to Google Drive securely.
However, ensure the following features before opting for the OneDrive Migration software.
- It should allow you to migrate files from OneDrive to Google Drive, local drive, and another OneDrive account.
- You should be able to preview OneDrive file data before initiating the migration process.
- The software must facilitate migrating OneDrive personal to business, personal to personal, and business to personal OneDrive accounts.
- It should allow selecting the data of a specific date range to move files from OneDrive to another drive.
Additionally, it should provide a free demo version to analyse the performance of this advanced utility.
The ultimate purpose of this write-up is to provide the best solutions to move files from OneDrive to Google Drive. In this context, this article discussed the top 3 ways to transfer your OneDrive files into Google Drive effectively. Apart from this, it also helps to understand the key benefits of moving data from OneDrive to Google Drive. In the end, this article explains the key features that one should consider while opting for a reliable OneDrive Migration Tool.