Digital marketing is a very new field compared to traditional marketing. It started to grow more with the use of technology. Now, it has gained a lot of popularity and it is such a good career to follow.
Over the last decade, the women in the marketing industry are starting to grow. More women are getting involved in digital marketing than ever. Women tend to be organized, they have ideas and they are communicative and potential.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of people changed their jobs, picked up new hobbies, opened new businesses, although it was a hard time for the economy, some people got creative during the pandemic by trying new stuff.
The pandemic affected the world’s economy so badly, globally, but in the digital field, it has been the opposite because a lot of businesses during the lockdown have switched to the digital world, so they could still do their services, but in an online form. Digital marketing popularity started to grow. The number of people getting involved in this field started to grow, because now people have more time to explore things that are out on the internet, and as it has been said, digital marketing is the new future.
Women got more involved in digital marketing as well. Based on a study that was done in 2017, showed that women are more likely to get involved in marketing than men.
Why should you pursue a career in digital marketing?
Digital marketing is marketing, but online, that is used to promote brands and companies online, using platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. The best part? They’re free. At least till the day this article is being written.
If you want to get involved in digital marketing, here are a couple of reasons why you should choose digital marketing as your career:
1. It’s a wide industry
Almost every company needs a digital marketer because they can do many things such as SEO, Social Media Manager, Content Writing, Digital PR, Web Design & Development, etc.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – is a very new field of digital marketing and what it does is help your business/website rank better on Google with its techniques.
SEO is divided into On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO.
On-Page SEO is mostly based on the technical stuff about the website/company.
Meanwhile, Off-Page SEO is more based on Link Building which is a process that has to do more with guest posting and linking your website to different websites.
- Social Media Management is very popular as well because we use social media almost every day to interact with people. Interacting with customers is a much better idea. You get to be closer to their requests/suggestions. Social media is a very great place to advertise because first of all, it’s free (it can be promoted as well, but this is a paid process), and it has a lot of users.
- Content Writing in digital marketing is an important skill to have, however not all digital marketers have it and that doesn’t make them any less of a better marketer than they already are. You can always hire content writers that are great in their job. However, you can learn how to write the content yourself too. Content writing is very important for blogging.
- Digital PR (Public Relations) is using all the digital tools to build a good brand and presence for your services via online media outlets, social media marketing, etc.
- Web Design & Development is an important field in digital marketing because digital marketers see websites in a different way than web designers and web developers. This doesn’t mean you should know how to code, but you should know how to view a website from a design point of view. The best thing about this is that you can hire web developers or web development companies to do the work for you.
2. It’s the new future
As we stated before, digital marketing is the new future. With the rise of social media and the internet in general, this area of marketing will only grow more and more each day. As we can see, the social media area isn’t going anywhere, at least not for now. It’s a very good career to pursue, especially knowing that it will be stuck here for a long time, that’s what we hope
3. You can work everywhere
Digital marketing is not only good in remote working, but it is good in working from everywhere, and by that, we mean everywhere, on the train, on the bus, in coffee, in the park, as long as you have internet, everything is good.
This has been effective especially during the Covid-19 starting last year, you can now work remotely, and by that means you can work for different companies that are in different time zones and different countries.
Working remotely has been one of the best things that Covid-19 has brought us because we can now save more time, money, and energy. It has been a very good thing for mothers as well. They get to stay at home with their babies or kids.