The iPhone XR is more affordable than the three iPhones launched this year and this is because it makes compromises on some fronts. It comes equipped with an LCD display and a single rear camera setup. It sports the same Face ID setup as the iPhone X, albeit it’s faster due to the new SoC and comes with a “Liquid Retina” display.
iPhone XR specs: Apple’s cheaper iPhone
- 1-inch LCD screen with 1,792×828-pixel resolution and 326 ppi (Retina display)
- Aluminum body with glass back
- Single camera: 12-megapixel wide-angle lens, with OIS (same as iPhone XS)
- Storage options: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
Portrait mode photos through software.
- FaceID with same True-Depth camera system as iPhone XS
- A12 Bionic chip
- Battery life claim: 1.5 hours more per day than the iPhone 8 Plus
- IP67 water resistance
- No 3D Touch on iPhone XR. Instead, you get haptic touch, like a trackpad.
- iOS 12 software
- Colours: Blue, coral (pink), yellow, white, black, Product Red
iPhone XR Price and Availability
The iPhone XR is the most affordable of the lot with prices starting at $749 (£749, AU$1,229) and (Rs 53,871 approx, 270,000 Naira) for the 64GB model. It also comes in 128GB and 256GB internal storage variants, whose prices are yet be revealed later. The smartphone comes in a wide range of colour options to choose from like white, black, blue, yellow, coral and colour red It will be made available in India from September 28.